Empowering advice from incredible women in the workplace
It’s no secret that men have the upper hand when it comes to a career. Statistically, men hold more leadership positions than women and have more opportunities for advancement.
Though the gap is as unacceptable as ever, more women than ever hold management positions in 2019. Gender inequality in the workplace is being more closely examined thanks to the accountability social media places on companies. Thousands of women around the world are working hard to break the glass ceiling and bring total equality to the workplace.
FTD took a look at some of the most iconic women in positions of leadership. These women are inspirations for millions of other women and young girls everywhere who have dreams to become more than their ancestors were ever able to be. Use these quotes as inspiration for your own goals!
- “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama, First Lady, Lawyer and Author
- “Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset.” – Sara Blakely, Spanx Founder
- “It’s not about expensive ingredients. It’s about people.” – Lady Elizabeth Anson, Celebrity event planner
- “Energy is contagious, so your team and everyone you interact with feels it.” – Tyler Haney, Founder of Outdoor Voices
- “It’s hard to juggle being a businessperson with being a creative person. You have to organise yourself.” – Vera Wang, Fashion designer
- “You won’t know until you try. Create without fear. If you mess up, who cares? You learn and move on.” – Michelle McHargue, Partner of Cowboy Ventures
- “Obviously I believe that using crocodile or leather to make a handbag is cruel. But it’s also not modern, you’re not pushing innovation.” – Stella McCartney, Fashion designer
- “It’s easy to kill an idea with a no, but the smartest people in the room learn how to say yes and make it work.” – Lisa Gersh, Goop CEO
What other incredible women in the workplace do you know? Let us know in the comments below.